Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day Is Done

This has been a long, long day! Just one of those days that the mind of a homeschool mom wonders how much more she can take. Then I happened to pick up a homeschool magazine dated 2004 and started flipping through the pages. My gaze is drawn to an article on burn-out. Bingo! This article, written by the father of a homeschool family, describes why burn-out happens to homeschool moms. It's nice to be reminded that I'm not going crazy. There's a reason why I look forward to taking the trash out after dinner, just for those quiet moments without hearing "Mom!"

But tomorrow is another day. A new day. Who knows - I may feel refreshed and full of energy! One can have hope, regardless of how the previous day was. At least, that's how it is for me. I was thinking about the word "hope" last night. The Bible is full of examples of people who had hope. Lessons to learn from. There is always hope, no matter what.

1 comment:

Mama Self said...

I know what you mean by burnout! And we have to continue school through most of the summer. :( Tha's OK, though.

My favorite verses that deal with hope were introduced to me the week my husband left on his first deployment over 13 years ago. "And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." -Romans 5:3-5

I know our struggles as wives, mothers and teachers are nothing when compared to the apostle's tribulations, but I still see these verses applying to my little circumstances as well. Isn't it good to know? Hope does not disappoint!

Have a peaceful weekend. ~Sheila