Wednesday, April 27, 2011

End Of April Blues

Easter was a nice day, inside anyway. The weather is still cold/windy/heavily raining. Todd and I went for a walk during what looked like a break but I was so cold in the wind it wasn't much fun. I'm such a baby!

However, all my daffodils are now in bloom and my courtyard looks beautiful! Todd and the boys took out some pine bush-like trees at the end of the courtyard, which makes my view out the kitchen window even better. Somehow, the daffodils stay standing even in torrential rain and wind. When we first moved here, I worried about the daffodils being pummeled but they always survive. We even had a pink tulip appear - sometimes we get tulips, sometimes we don't. Todd has a landscape plan for the courtyard and it's nice for him to be able to do a bit of work toward that. He's still working long hours at the heart doctor's office but he doesn't seem to mind. It's so much better than what he was doing before.

So, who's going to be watching the wedding? Please tell me about it - I'll only get to see the photos. I hope they have good weather for their special day!

2 comments:

Paula Vince said...

Hi Kate,
Daffodils are one of my favourite flowers. They look so elegant and graceful for a flower so hardy and strong. I think God must have designed them the same way He designed women :D
Blessings,
Paula

jugglingpaynes said...

The wedding was beautiful! Really special! We got up at 5am and watched from when the princes left the palace until the kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. We loved what the archbishop had to say about marriage. Just wonderful. And the dress was spectacular.

I'm glad we were able to watch it. I guess it would have been in the middle of the night for you. Probably better that you slept. I'm sure you'll be able to find it online to watch at your leisure!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina