Monday, February 28, 2011

Inspiration

Well, it looks as if I've taken to blogging once a month. Besides other more pressing matters keeping me away from the computer, I find myself, once again, uninspired to write. Except ... a few days ago (maybe, Friday) after I waved goodbye to my husband as he headed up the hill toward town. I stood looking out the kitchen window, marveling at the snow that covered the ground. And the trees. And the rooftops. It was so pretty, I found myself describing the scene in my head. Words! An idea! I almost ran to turn on the computer but, alas, I needed to get ready for the day. I was hoping I could remember my thoughts at a later time but I could not.

I grow weary of simply recording the events of our lives. Yes, it's important to me to remember these times, knowing how quickly my kids grow. But I want more from my writing. I must remind myself that there is a season for all things. This is the season of growing and teaching my kids, of watching my husband blossoming in a new position in the medical field, a position important to the community. A time of wondering how much longer I'll have my mom around to talk on the phone with. And me, approaching (and probably beginning) the stage of life that cruelly reminds us our child-bearing years will end someday soon. Not that I want more kids but it's still nice to know I possibly could.

I love pushing "Check Spelling" and having it tell me "No misspellings found". Something I'd love to tell my high school typing teacher. Boy, she was sure an inspiration. She was to be feared. I totally respected her. In my yearbook, she wrote, "You have a talent that will serve you well", speaking of my typing skills. I never was able to tell her just how prophetic her words were. Typing was my life for years, and I owed her a great deal for that.

Who have you inspired? Think about it. It could be years ago or yesterday. Or tomorrow.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I have such a hard time blogging as often as I think I should. Sometimes I just can't think of anything that I need to say. I guess my life just isn't that exciting. Probably a good thing, exciting isn't always good :-)

Cat said...

I also feel like I'm just posting ho-hum "look what I got from the garden" pics - but then I do see my blog as a bit of a family diary as well.

These teen years will fly by Kate, and you will find yourself with more and more time to write,

jugglingpaynes said...

I'm hoping I will inspire you... :o)

When we are tired from all of the busy in our lives, it's easy to decide to leave writing for another day. Just don't forget that writing is your gift, Kate, and gifts do need to be shared. I saw a YouTube video recently that brought this message home for me. It's called "You are Worth the Time." Here is the link if you are interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EaUb4zk0Ow

In the meantime, I strongly suggest keeping a notepad and pen handy at all times. I don't like relying on my memory if I get a good idea for my comics. There are too many schedules held in my brain and they tend to shove other things aside. :o)

Peace and Laughter!

Cat said...

Hi there, just saw online that there are tsunami sirens going off in Oregon. Will be praying for you all. We are on alert for a marine threat early tomorrow morning, but it shouldn't be anything major.

Take care.

C x