Sunday, April 19, 2009

Procrastinate: To Dilly-Dally, Delay

Has it already been a week since I posted? I'm sitting here posting instead of doing what I should be doing: dishes, laundry, washing my hair, finishing that piece I said I was going to enter into a writing contest. I finally (gulp!) read the thing to my husband today. Gosh, that was hard! Hard!! I feel so extremely vulnerable whenever I read something I've written to someone (that sentence is awkward but you get my drift). It's like opening up your chest and exposing your heart, allowing someone the opportunity to injure it. Especially if it's an emotional thing, which this piece of writing definitely is. But Todd was sweet and said he thought it was good, and worth the entry fee to submit. Bless him! The deadline is April 23rd, so I'd best get it done.

We actually hit 62 degrees outside today - what a thrill to be warm, even too warm. I just learned today that the word "thrill" actually comes from being pierced with a spear, or something like that, back in medieval days. I love word origins.

See, I'm just playing here. Procrastinating. So, how's the weather in your part of the world? Anybody know a good recipe using mushrooms? Read any good pirate stories? ARE there any good pirate stories?

Enough. I'm off to write a little, launder a little and dish wash a lot.

3 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

You want real pirates or fictional? We get a lot of pirate stories around here. :o)

I spent all weekend procrastinating. The weather was beautiful from Thursday to Sunday. Now it's raining again, so I don't regret my playtime. Some days you have to enjoy the beauty of God's creation, eh?

Now get back to work!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Mama Self said...

So it's not just me! ;) I so totally understand. And I know what you mean about feeling vulnerable when others read what you've written. Todd had the right reaction!

I liked your Easter story. Way to go kids!

Have a wonderful rest-of-the-week.

Paula Vince said...

Husbands are among the hardest people to show our work to, I think. Maybe because they are the people we want to be most impressed.
I'm glad it's getting warmer for you. Cooler for us too, at last.
I enjoyed your Easter post about the big lady with the bunny ears. Chad sounds very wise in his approach. It really is awkward to talk with strangers about homeschooling, but how great when they're a credit to you and such a great proof that it works so well.
Blessings,
Paula