Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Winner Is ...

God is SO good.

Let me start by giving Him all the glory for what He did today.

Back in October, I entered an essay contest with my online bank, ING. They were choosing 500 winners to receive a free mortgage payment in January 2009. The essay was to be 250 words or less, stating why you thought you deserved a free mortgage payment.

I had to enter.

But not for myself. I wrote about my husband, all that he's been through this past year. How I just wanted him to be rewarded somehow for all that has happened to him and how he's pulled through, giving God the credit for sparing his life. And I did it in 249 words. You all know how hard it is for me to say anything in brief.

After entering, I found that I wanted to win so badly it hurt. Every time I thought about it, I prayed for God's will, knowing that there were tons of people that needed this more than we did but also saying I wanted this for Todd, not for me. I prayed a lot.

Today, I received an unexpected phone call from "Andrea" (I think), saying that I had been selected as one of the winners. I totally broke down and cried. She was so sweet. I told her much of what I've written here and the phone call was very emotional. Thank you's and Christmas greetings were exchanged and I praised ING bank for always being helpful and courteous. I LOVE this bank!

My praise goes completely to God. I am so, so thankful that He considered my prayer and answered like He did. I am humbled. I won for Todd but only by God's grace. I give Him all the glory.

I am so excited! It's been an emotional day. I kept crying, whenever I thought about the phone call. I called my mom. I hugged my kids. Todd's reaction? "Good job, honey." And then, of course, he said, "I guess they only had 499 other entries, right?" Right. Thanks sweetie!

5 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
God is so good!!

Katie said...

Fantastic! Way to go Kate, you deserve a win!

Mama Self said...

AWESOME!!! PRAISE GOD!!! That is so cool; I know you are probably feeling like it's not really real, though. It's ALMOST unbelievable...until we remember how good God is. :) Congratulations!

Cat said...

Congratulations - what a wonderful Christmas present!

Cate x

Melissa Stover said...

that's amazing! congratulations! you should post the essay.