Thursday, June 2, 2011

Don't Laugh

I've gone blonde.

And it's weird.

I had been thinking that I wanted to go a little lighter for the summer, you know, a bit of a change. And it is a change, no doubt about that.

At the risk of blaming my husband, it was actually his idea. And he loves it. My kids all have mixed reactions. I'm still not sure. But there's not much I can do about it right now. It's only been a few days. We'll tone it down the next time we color it (Todd does this for me, bless him.) I think I've processed my hair enough for the time being. Let it rest.

If I'm feeling brave, I'll post a photo (if anyone actually cares, that is!) If anyone asks, I've decided to say that I've gone back to my natural color. I won't mention that this was my natural color when I was 16 years old.

Like I said, it's weird.

Other than that, we've just been busy. School throughout the month of June and then our summer break. The kids want to be done but we started a month late last year. Besides, with all the rainy weather we're having, staying indoors isn't so bad. Most of the time. Especially when I'm still a bit shy about my hair. Not looking forward to my mother-in-law's comments, we'll be seeing her in a few weeks. I'll just smile and change the subject. I'll bet my father-in-law will like it, though.

4 comments:

Paula Vince said...

Good for you! I know that taking a step like this must feel like giving yourself a fresh new outlook, but although I've thought of it, I've never dared. I hope you do give us a photo.
Blessings,
Paula

jugglingpaynes said...

You'll have to let us know if blondes really do have more fun. :o)

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Stacy said...

Hee hee. This is kind of funny. I wanted to try blonde...but have been too sacred! Glad your hubby likes it :)

Cat said...

I SOOOOOOOO want to see photos!!