Monday, June 8, 2009

In A Mood

A month ago today, I was in Leavenworth, WA, celebrating my birthday. My, how time flies.

Anyway, I've been re-reading "My Life In France", by Julia Child, and it inspired me to find her first cookbook online. As I was looking for it, I discovered that this book (the one I just read) has been made into a movie, starring Meryl Streep! I can't think of anyone else in this role, as I happen to be in awe of Ms. Streep and her chameleon-like acting ability. I don't think this movie is out yet (we don't go to the movies) but if anyone of you do happen to see it, I'd love to know what you thought of it.

I think I've found the Julia Child cookbook I want to get. Who better to learn how to cook from? I still struggle with my cooking ability, although I love to read cookbooks and books about cooking. Eating is not my favorite thing to do so I don't know why I like reading about food. Bon appetit!

It's not fair. I'm newly 46 and I thought I'd have my life in better order by now. No. I'm still pretty much the same person I was 20 years ago, in a lot of ways. Perhaps I need to concentrate on the good things about me that I still am, rather than focus on the things I still am and wish I wasn't. I'll give you a minute to figure out that last sentence ...

You know, I think my braces make me feel younger somehow. Isn't THAT a strange thing to think?

I apologize for the mood I've been in lately. Age has been a theme and a depressing one at that. I hope this passes. And soon.

O.k., think about something I am now that I wasn't 20 years ago. The mother of 3 children. Considering I thought I would never be a mom, that's a pretty good something. (Thank you, Lord!)

1 comment:

Cat said...

Oh I relate on sooo many levels!!! Especially the age thing - it weighs on my mind alot of late. Thinking of starting a 'midlife' commentary to be honest.

C x